Chief Financial Officer
Oversees the accounting department and directs the dealership's financial planning and accounting practices, as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through managers and the accounting team.
Reports directly to the President and Vice President and works closely with the executive team.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate and insurance activities for the dealership.
- Works closely with the dealer on long-range planning, cash management and funds allocation.
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions on matters of lines of credit and funds management.
- Analyzes, consolidates and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the dealership's policies and operations.
- Directs the accounting manager in providing and managing the procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the dealership's annual report.
- Appraises the dealership's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports.
- Maintains close working relationships with accountants to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and maintenance of the dealership financial statement.
- Maintains close working relationship with legal counsel to ensure that all dealership financial activities are properly conducted, documented and reported.
- Assists the dealer and general manager with cash flow management to follow contracts-in-transit, accounts receivable and purchaser loan payoffs.
- Assists the accounting manager in preparing financial projections and budgets for each retail facility and department.
- Completes and submits monthly manufacturer financial statements by company deadline.
- Negotiates relationships with insurers to provide insurance coverage and other benefits.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA is a plus!
Ready for change, growth, and opportunity?