The Customer Service Attendant (CSA) role involves providing efficient and friendly service to customers, both on the forecourt and in the shop. CSAs ensure excellent standards of housekeeping, cleanliness, and quality of product are maintained.
CSAs are expected to competently complete all sales transactions and are accountable for cash control and security of customer payment methods from the forecourt and to and from the shop. In addition, CSAs are expected to complete all tasks for the Company within the stated Health, Safety, Security and Environment policies and guidelines.
- Provide quality customer service on the forecourt and in the shop
- Offer assistance to customers with fueling of vehicles, and safely perform proper fueling procedures when requested/allowed, in a timely manner
- Assist customers with free services, including air and water facilities and windshield wash when requested
- Assist with proper receiving of fuel deliveries, when required
- Active use of the Basic Service Steps on the forecourt, and other site checklists
- Comply with HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) and Food Safety standards
- Active selling of all products
- Conduct housekeeping and merchandising
- Secure cash and all other forms of payment received from customers
- Manage customer complaints in a positive and action oriented way
- Support the Shift Leader and Station Supervisor with all station goals, initiatives and policies
- Provides quality customer service in the shop and at the cashier
- Completes sales efficiently
- Follows Basic Service Steps (BSS)
- Handles customer/vendor complaints efficiently and in a friendly manner
- Promotes Sales Expansion and Loyalty Programs
- Ensures safety of staff, customers, and public are foremost
- Complies with rules, policies, laws and regulations
- Complies with HSSE procedures. Failure to do so may result in automatic termination of employment
- Proactivity and promptly intervenes to stop unsafe activity
- Reports any actions by staff/customers that are unsafe
- Follows correct food safety procedure when receiving/handling stock
- Complies with incident reporting process
- Looks for opportunities to increase sales
- Suggests initiatives to increase sales
- Promotes Loyalty Programs
- Restock shelves and chillers
- Accurate stocktaking if necessary
- Completes merchandising/stock rotation/facing up/restocking when required
Building Customer Loyalty
- Advocates and represents the business
- Wears clean, neat and tidy uniform and name badge at all times
- Is well groomed at all times
- Understands and participates with performance management tools on site
- Notifies asset breakdown
- Adheres to the site cleaning and site working roster
- Processes payments and other transactions on site Point of Sale system
- Completes shift/day-end procedures
- Secures cash
- Manages shift balancing
- Completes task list duties
- Accurately records time worked
- Effectively uses the Site Activity Log as a communication tool
- Keeps staff room/storeroom tidy and workable at all times
Contributing to Team Success
- Works as part of a team at all times
- Contributes to team performance
- Assists other staff in their duties when required
- Completes other tasks as and when required by Station Manager and Territory Manager
- Contributes to setting targets on Territory Manager site review and Mystery Motorist Program (MMP)
- Report HSSE Incidents on a timely manner within his/her area of responsibility.
- Support incident investigation as required.
- Participate in audits and inspections as planned Ensure compliance to HSSE Policies and Procedures
- Actively participate in HSSE improvement programs
- Participate in HSSE Toolbox Meetings as planned
- Participate in Area Safety Council as required
- Perform the duties and responsibilities as assigned in the Crisis Management Organization
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- To communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- To listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- To speak clearly so others can understand you.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Regular 6 hour shifts; including evenings, weekends, and holidays
No travel is required for this position
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum education requirement of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Current certification in Eating & Drinking/Food Establishment Certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.