The Merchandiser adheres to established guidelines ensuring all duties are carried out in accordance with company standards and regulatory compliance.
The Merchandiser works closely with the Category Management team, vendors site operations to ensure approved merchandise is correctly ordered, received and merchandised to category compliance.
Merchandisers ensure excellent standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and quality of product are maintained at the same time completing all tasks to the Company’s stated Health, safety, security and Environment (HSSE) policies and guidelines.
Merchandisers deliver exceptional guest experiences by adhering to Shell Brand/Foody’s Standards of Service.
- Provide quality customer service in the shop
- Interact positively and proactively with customers
- Comply with HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) and Food Safety standards
- Prepare products for merchandising and sale
- Reports to work as scheduled in the Foody’s food service uniform standard
- Executes all Category Manager Planograms
- Manages all Dried goods, Telecom and Beverage orders
- Receives and verifies all incoming deliveries
- Coordinates item test scans with Category Managers and Finance
- Verifies product pricing and creates/updates all price tags
- Ensures sales floor is stocked, neat and prices are displayed
- Maintains record of Vendor NIS items and communicates with the Category Manager
- Verifies/maintains all expired items and/or items soon to expire goods
- Monitor/tracks food waste and items pending credit memos
- Manages Store orders and store deliveries
- Adheres to quality control standards
- Conducts monthly inventory and adheres to inventory controls
- Support the Shift Leader and Station Supervisor with all station goals, initiatives and policies
- Provides quality customer service in the shop and at the cashier
- Completes sales efficiently
- Follows Basic Service Steps (BSS)
- Handles customer/vendor complaints efficiently and in a friendly manner
- Promotes Sales Expansion and Loyalty Programs
- Ensures safety of staff, customers, and public are foremost
- Complies with rules, policies, laws and regulations
- Complies with HSSE procedures. Failure to do so may result in automatic termination of employment
- Proactively and promptly intervenes to stop unsafe activity
- Reports any actions by staff/customers that are unsafe
- Follows correct food safety procedure when receiving/handling stock
- Complies with incident reporting process
- Looks for opportunities to increase sales
- Suggests initiatives to increase sales
- Promotes Loyalty Programs
- Restock shelves and chillers
- Completes merchandising/stock rotation/facing up/restocking when required
Building Customer Loyalty
- Advocates and represents the business
- Wears clean, neat and tidy uniform outlined in Uniform Policy
- Is well groomed at all times
- Understands and participates with performance management tools on site
- Notifies asset breakdown
- Adheres to the site cleaning and site working roster
- Processes payments and other transactions on site Point of Sale System Credit Card and other electronic payment devices.
- Completes shift/day-end procedures
- Secures cash
- Manages shift balancing
- Completes task list duties
- Accurately records time worked
- Keeps staff room/storeroom tidy and workable at all times
Contributing to Team Success
- Works as part of a team at all times
- Contributes to team performance
- Assists other staff in their duties when required
- Completes other tasks as and when required by Station Manager and Territory Manager
- Contributes to exceeding targets outlined by Territory Manager site review and Mystery Motorist Program (MMP)
- Report HSSE Incidents in a timely manner within his/her area of responsibility.
- Support incident investigation as required.
- Participate in audits and inspections as planned
- Ensure compliance to HSSE Policies and Procedures
- Actively participate in HSSE improvement programs
- Participate in HSSE Toolbox Meetings as planned
- Participate in Area Safety Council as required
- Perform the duties and responsibilities as assigned in the Crisis Management Organization
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Service or experience working in a Food Service environment.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- To communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- To listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- To speak clearly so others can understand you.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cash registers (POS), price scanners, printers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Regular 6 hour shifts; including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Merchandiser shifts follow specific hours according to business needs.
- No travel is required for this position
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Certificate
- Valid Health Certification in Eating & Drinking/Food Establishment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we afford equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for hire and promotion without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability or genetic information.
IP&E is a Drug Free Workplace