DEPARTMENT: CREDIT, COLLECTIONS & ACTIVATIONS
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
The Credit and Collection Apprentice performs a variety of collection and Accounting functions for the Credit, Collection and Activation Support Department, while concurrently attending college courses to fulfill the apprenticeship program requirements. The Employee is expected to carry assignments through to completion with necessary guidance and supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Employee will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Know and uphold the established corporate Mission, policies and procedures, relevant provisions of the union agreement, Corporate and Office objectives, quality assurance and safety programs and standards.
- Conduct review on existing database in preparation for the billing system migration.
- Prepare and send out collection letters and SMS for residential and commercial customers.
- Prepare and process mail notification for those delinquent customers and suspended accounts.
- Handle and receive payments from collection agencies, through mail and post payments and returned items in the system.
- Perform and assist the supervisor in doing transaction audit to keep track of shortages / overages
- Respond to any accounting inquiries.
- Maintain and monitor manual receipts and deposits slips.
- Verify Cashier’s daily report, bank deposit and any transactions related to Cashiering.
- Support Credit, Collection and Activation Support personnel.
- Send out billing invoices via email, fax or mail to customers upon their request.
- Process customer’s refund request.
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties related to Credit and Collections.
- Apply knowledge and skills retained from the program courses on the job.
- Perform other related duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
: High school diploma or equivalent
: One year of credit / collections and accounting field experience in a customer service environment preferred
Licensure/Certification/Professional Association: None Required
Apprenticeship Program Requirements:
- Must be a US citizen or resident alien.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a resident of Guam for a period not less than three (3) consecutive years before entry into the program.
- Mayor’s Verification must be submitted upon hire.
- Must be able to attend a minimum of two (2) classes per semester while working forty (40) hours a week.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Basic principles and practices of office administration, communications and customer service etiquette
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as computer operations, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices
- Structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Basic tenets of good telephone etiquette
- Skill in:
- Managing one's own time
- Analyzing performance results to determine methods of improving service
- Preparing written reports and analyses
- Use of personal computer hardware and Microsoft software programs to include MS Excel, Access, MS Outlook and Word
- Ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with all levels of staff and customers, both verbally and in writing
- Learn, maintain and advance usage skills in the job-specific aspects of various computer hardware and software
- Make logical and sound decisions in working with other employees and clients and performing progressively complex administrative tasks
- Perform in a self-directed, hard-working, creative and forward thinking manner
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we afford equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for hire and promotion without regard to race, color, origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability or genetic information.
IT&E is a Drug Free Workplace