The CORE Administration & Configuration Engineer reports directly to the NOC Manager. The main responsibility is to analyze and review the network health and performance of the fixed-line, cellular and broadband network. The successful candidate must be able to proactively recommend improvements to ensure capacities are ahead of demand and that the performance is maintained to meet set KPI thresholds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and uphold the established IT&E Mission, policies and procedures, IT&E and Department objectives, quality assurance and safety programs and standards.
- Review and approve parameter change request on the fixed-line, cellular, and/or broadband network
- Coordinate troubleshooting and fault clearing with the different CORE network SMEs and implement systemic changes as needed
- Analyze logs and alarms and provide first level isolation and troubleshooting, ensuring timely escalation to the 2nd level resolving units / SME and/or vendor support as needed.
- Act as the main interface with the vendor support for all CORE network related fault and outage troubleshooting and resolution
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly performance statistics base on set KPI as it relates to network health and customer experience and collaborate with the engineering teams for its resolution / improvement
- Assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Perform other related duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree in telecommunication or electrical engineering or related field from an accredited college or university, or a combination of technical training, either manufacturer or trade school, and equivalent years of relevant work experience
Work Experience: Minimum of four (4) years progressive experience in a telecommunication environment preferably handling technical support
ITIL, CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE preferred but not required
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Telecommunications standards and practices
- Telecommunications network switching and maintenance requirements and regulations
- Telecommunications equipment, business systems, networks, and processes, to include switches and network operations
- Accepted management/supervisory theories and practices
- Principles and concepts of team building, resource management
- Skills in:
- Managing human and materials resources
- Preparing complex and technical written reports and analyses
- Use of personal computer hardware and Microsoft software programs
- Ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with all levels of staff and customers, both verbally and in writing
- Manage professional and technical staff
- Make logical and sound decisions in the resolution of difficult and complex situations
- Create a team environment and maintain employee morale
- Analyze, understand, and interpret work situations, technical documents, reports and results
- Perform in a self-directed, hard-working, creative and forward-thinking manner
Important Information about COVID-19 Vaccination
Our Company has a mandatory vaccination policy in place. If you receive an offer of employment from our Company, you will need to provide proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022 (fully vaccinated status means you have received two doses of a two-dose series, or one dose of a single dose series, and it has been two weeks since your last dose). Our Company provides reasonable accommodation for approved medical or religious exemptions. If you feel that you have a qualified medical or religious exemption to this policy, you must speak with HR to begin the interactive process. Noncompliance with our mandatory vaccination policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination or revocation of the offer of employment.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we afford equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for hire and promotion without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability or genetic information.
IT&E is a Drug Free Workplace