Title: IT Network Administrator
Salary Level: 5
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Responsible for: Assigned Functions
FLSA Status: Exempt
The IT Network Administrator will help maintain data communication networks, including local area networks (LANs) and intranets. These networks range from a small network, corporate and enterprise networks. The IT Network Administrator will provide on-going administration and Tier2 support to Enterprise and Corporate Network Infrastructure. Scope includes support and troubleshooting wired and wireless Ethernet networking technologies (including VLANs, Dot1x, Spanning Tree, Port Channeling, 802.11abgnacax, wISP (PTMP) networks, etc.). The IT Network administrator must be proficient in system resource utilization and monitoring tools to identify potential problem areas before they result in incidents. Additional responsibilities includes performing coding and image upgrades on the network devices and should be willing to rack and cable equipment, and configure wireless Access Points and WiFi Controllers (Ruckus, Cisco, Meraki, etc
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Others:
- Experience in managing complex network devices such as Firewalls, VPN and wireless controllers.
- Proficient in Structured Cabling Standards - ANSI/TIA/EIA-568 Standards.
- Experience configuring and managing different routers and switches.
- Strong background in wired and wireless Ethernet networking technologies (including VLANs, Dot1x, Spanning Tree, Port Channeling, 802.11abgnacax, etc.) and network security concepts.
- Experience in Ubiquity products and PTP/PTMP fixed wireless solutions highly preferred
- Proficiency with routing protocols and related technologies, OSPF, BGP.
- Understanding of network applications and protocols (e.g. SSH, DNS, SMTP, etc.).
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Experience with Network Monitoring systems.
- Experience in Software Defined Network (VMware NSX and Cisco SDN-ACI) highly preferred.
- Experience in IOT and smart device deployment highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong business acumen.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: At least two (2) years of experience working with corporate and enterprise networks.
- CCENT, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or equivalent certification preferred.
- Wireless Networking Certification preferred.