Job Title: Wireless Technician
DEPARTMENT: ROAMING & DEVICE TECHNOLOGY
SALARY LEVEL: 2
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
The Wireless Technician provides technical expertise to IT&E customers on all matters related to wireless handsets, fixed wireless, mobile applications, WiFi, and owns all customer reported performance issues from engagement to resolution. Wireless technicians operate out of a variety of environments, including in-line stores, enterprise sales, kiosks, special events, and field operations at customer premises.
This position holds compliance obligations with various manufactures and vendors that impose specific technical training and vendor-provided certification specializing in their product/service. These certifications must be achieved within the probationary period and maintained throughout employment as a wireless technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Employee will:
- Know and uphold the established IT&E mission, policies and procedures, IT&E and department objectives, quality assurance and safety programs and standards.
- Participate in all training and continuing education events for products, services, device development, repair and troubleshooting.
- Work shift schedule and irregular hours as operationally required at any of the company’s sales and support centers, temporary locations, and special events
- Provision products and services in the company’s portfolio including but not limited to: Cellular handsets, mobile hotspot, Fixed Wireless Solutions, Smart Home Solutions, Wi-Fi, Mobile Broadband, Long-distance, International Roaming, Push-to-talk, Messaging, IPTV, and OTT services.
- Perform specialized technical work for Apple related support including device troubleshooting, initial set-up, warranty repair, and out-of-warranty repair. Employee MUST achieve and maintain Apple certification as a requirement of this position and as required by Apple for IT&E’s overall compliance.
- Providing Samsung after-sales support and service including warranty and out-of-warranty repairs, device troubleshooting, initial set-up, data transfers. Employee is expected to achieve Samsung Certification for after-sales support, repair certification, Layer-1 certification, and VOC.
- Perform troubleshooting and service verification across different platforms.
- Issue recommendations to end users based on device troubleshooting and inspection according to warranty coverage and eligibility.
- Perform surveys of customer premises relative to service feasibility and suitability determination.
- May be detailed to participate in capital project work related to customer experience or new device/service launch as needed.
- Responsible for the timely engagement of customer trouble tickets and continuous contact with customers to ensure expectations are managed. Also, responsible for trouble ticket reporting and analysis.
- Coordinates with the NDET team on trouble report classification, returned device monitoring, NFF prevention (no-fault-found). Also assists NDET team with troubleshooting activities that are customer affecting.
- Participates in company offered training, inter-departmental training, cross-functional training initiatives for upward mobility.
- Maintain various records. Performs routine posting and filing activities. Prepares, maintains and/or submits daily and monthly reports in conjunction with standards of performance, requisitions, receipts, and other related forms.
- Performs routine office and workstation housekeeping and appearance duties
- Perform other related duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education: Associate degree from an accredited college or university in telecommunications related program or diploma with equivalent technical.
Work Experience: Two years of experience in customer service role or one year in a technical support role in the telecommunications industry to include ISP type organization. A combination or education and experience will be considered.
Licensure/Certification/Professional Association: Apple Certification relative to iOS is mandatory and must be achieved as a condition of completing the probationary period. Certification must be maintained throughout employment as a wireless technician
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Telecommunications standards and practices and theories of wireless communications.
- Technical operations unique to telecommunication devices
- Radio frequency fundamentals
- Layer-1 signaling
- Principles and concepts of teamwork, work-related goal setting and resource management.
- Skills in:
- Operating and troubleshooting handsets, smart-phones, air cards and other telecommunications devices.
- Hands-on technical repair of telecommunication devices.
- Use of personal computer hardware and Microsoft software programs to include MS Excel, Access, MS Outlook, and Word
- Accurate data entry.
- Ability to:
- Comprehend the technical aspects of wireless telecommunications products and services.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with all levels of staff and customers, both verbally and in writing.
- Work outdoors in any type of island weather conditions.
- Be on-call and work after business hours to include holidays and weekends.
- Perform in a self-directed, hard-working, creative and forward-thinking manner.
- Provide a high level of customer focus.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we afford equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for hire and promotion without regard to race, color, origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability or genetic information.
IT&E is a Drug Free Workplace